One of the noblest actions toward mankind is providing quality education. Starting a school requires serious study of the requirements of the board the school wishes to be affiliated to and the rules and regulations of the State education department. Before starting a school it’s imperative to draw a Business Plan. The person or the group of persons who wish to open a school need to understand the amount required to be invested for the purpose. If the land is available or has to be bought, it has to be according to the requirement of the board that the school is going to be affiliated to in the future. The next step in the process is to register the Society or Trust. Thirdly, applications have to be given for all the certificates and documents issued by the Department of Education of the district or State.
Selecting a suitable land which will determine the success of a school is a tricky proposition. A few points are given below which will help a promoter who is keen on Starting a New CBSE School. The Revamped Affiliation Bye-Laws of CBSE, effective from 18.10.2018, has made a few changes, from the existing norms for Land Requirement. The conditions are:
1. The land selected for the school should be a single plot of land. If there are 2 or more survey numbers then these should be adjacent so that they all make a single plot of land.
2. The land should be of 8000 square meters,
3. If the land is up to 6000 square meters, the school may get Affiliation with certain conditions,
4. If the land is up to 4000 square meters, the school may get Affiliation with certain conditions,
5. A suitable building with room size according to specifications and according to the NBC-2005 should be constructed.
6. The land should be surrounded by a pucca compound wall of required height,
7. In cities classified as Class X, the land requirement is 2000 square meters for a Secondary School and 3000 or 4000 square meters for Senior Secondary School; restrictions on the number of sections and students have been imposed,
8. For schools located in the metros, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, and the Islands the minimum land requirement for a Secondary School is 1600 square meters and 2400 or 3200 square meters for a Senior Secondary School; restrictions on the number of sections and students have been imposed,
9. Schools located in hill stations should have minimum 2000 square for Secondary and 3000 or 4000 square meters for Senior Secondary schools, the construction of the building should follow strictly the norm of 1 sq.meter floor area per child; restrictions on a number of sections and students have been imposed, and:-
a. The school should make arrangements with a nearby school or college to use its campus for sports and extracurricular activities,
b. If this arrangement is with a Government organization a letter of acceptance must be taken,
c. If the arrangement is with a Private institution a copy of the resolution to the effect is required.
1. Land ownership documents should be in the name of the Society/Trust/Company:
a. The land document should be registered before the Registration Authority and should be a Sale Deed/Conveyance Deed/Gift Deed/ Lease Deed/ Allotment letter etc.
b. If it’s a Lease Deed it should be effective for 15 years.
c. If the Lease is for less than 15 years it should be explicitly only for running a school.
d. The Lease period of validity should guarantee lawful rights over the land for a period of 5 years.
e. Schools established by large-scale industrial projects should be owned by the project and the land should be allowed for running the school.
Thus, if the land is selected carefully, keeping in mind safety of the students and employees and the norms of the CBSE, then the school will be successful in its mission of providing quality education to the future citizens of India.
We appreciate your decision to visit our website and sparing time reading this information. We believe and understand that this article was helpful for you. If you are looking for expert consultancy or any kind of help on the land requirements to start a CBSE School in India, please contact us / leave us a comment or message below. Educare India’s expert team would answer you with pleasure.