Why Feasibility Study is important for school project?
For any new school promoter it is very important to understand the viability of the project. To do so, one must do a feasibility study, either on his own or by a professional agency. This also gives a fair idea of investment required under various heads. Professional agencies like us also provide a 10 year financial plan (DPR) to the clients. This study will help in understanding the duration required for Operational Break Even Point and the Capital Break Even Point. This will also enable the promoter to have proper fund planning to meet the requirements.
To start a school in India following pre requisites are to be taken care as on date:
- A registered trust /society
- Should have adequate land and infrastructure as per requirement of a particular board from which the school wants to get affiliated
- Necessary local level certificates to be validated from the local bodies
- State board affiliation to be secured
- No Objection Certificate to be secured from State Board of Education
For getting CBSE affiliation:
- Minimum land size requirements is 1.5 acre (with a restriction of 3 sections per class) as on date prescribed by the Council.
S.No Location of School Land Requirement 1 Anywhere in India Minimum 6000 sq mtrs 2 In municipal limits of cities with population exceeding 10 lakhs Minimum 4000 sq mtrs 3 In hilly areas prescribed by the Planning Commission Minimum 4000 sq mtrs 4 In municipal limits of the state capital cities, Ghaziabad, Noida, Faridabad ,Gurugram cities, limits of Panchkula and Mohali/SAS Nagar Minimum 4000 sq mtrs 5 In the North Eastern states, Jammu and Kashmir Minimum 4000 sq mtrs 6 In the Municipal Limits Class X cities (Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune) or on the Hill Stations (For Secondary Level) Minimum 2000 sq mtrs 7 In the Municipal Limits Class X cities (Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune) or on the Hill Stations (For Senior Secondary Level) Minimum 3000 sq mtrs 8 In the municipal limits of Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai or the state of Arunachal Pradesh, Or the State of Sikkim, or the Islands (For Secondary Level) Minimum 1600 sq mtrs 9 In the municipal limits of Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai or the state of Arunachal Pradesh, Or the State of Sikkim, or the Islands (For Senior Secondary Level) Minimum 2400 sq mtrs
- Fully covered campus with boundary wall of 6 feet height
- Separate urinals for boys and girls with physical partition between urinals – Ratio of 1:30 (one urinal for 30 students)
- Minimum 6 taps of drinking water each floor
- Number of classrooms – Minimum 10 (assuming 1 section per class from std I to X) (Pre Primary classes are not included)
- Number of labs (600 sq ft approximately) – Minimum 3 One each for composite Sc. Lab, Computer Lab and Math’s Lab
- Number of library (1200 sq feet) – 1
- Number of CCA rooms – 3 (Preferably classroom size)
- One each for Indoor sports, Music & Dance and Art N Craft
- Sick room and staff room – one classroom to be divided into two
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) issue by state board and various other certificates as per the requirement of CBSE board like
– Land certificate
– Building safety certificate
– Fire safety certificate
– Safe drinking water and sanitation certificate etc. as per the format given by the CBSE board and must be digitally signed.
Note: Size of individual classrooms should be approx 500 square feet.
Further, for more information to set up a CBSE School in India or Abroad with complete guidance or for any other queries please feel free to contact us at 8889063333 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com